Monday, December 8, 2008

You're not always a loser when you lose a bet!

I lost a bet this past week to Papa Z and had to pay up this weekend. For those of you curious about the bet it was over who would win the match between Krzysztof Vs. Vinny on The Ultimate Fighter: Team Nogueira vs. Team Mir Reality TV show. I know, you'd think two adults with two kids under 3 would have better things to do with their time, but what can I say? We love the show and were easily sucked into watching it every week. We watched the show tape delayed which makes me a little suspicious about why Papa Z was so eager to bet me when I said I wanted Krzysztof to win. He continues to promise he had no inside information when making the bet! Regardless of the legitimacy of the bet, I paid up this weekend. I had to cook Papa Z a dinner of his choice. For those of you that know me, I really dislike cooking! So I had my fingers crossed that he would pick something easy and preferably from my Five ingredients or less cookbook. However, I had no such luck! Papa Z went all out and I had to make Brisket 'n' bean burritos, A knock off of Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits, AND Crisp peppermint patties. I must say I surprised myself and everything was delicious so I guess in the end I did learn that you're not always a loser when you lose a bet!

Zany thought of the day: What TV shows do you find yourself getting sucked into watching week after week?

2 comments:

storybeader said...

glad you enjoyed the meal. I hope HE did the dishes!

CraftGirlAlli said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only female who likes watching UFC! We also watched that fight. I have to say...and I hate to admit this...one of the shows that I've gotten addicted to watching is The Bad Girls Club...on oxygen. It's like the "all girl version of the real world on mtv" lol. I don't know why I like it, but I never miss an episode!