Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sugar and Spice and Everything nice...


So today was the BIG day! Today was the day Papa Z and I went in for an ultrasound and found out the sex of the baby. This morning I was awaken to a little hand on my belly and as soon as my eyes fluttered open I came face to face with Wacky Zacky. He often sneaks into our bed in the wee hours of the morning. Or I should say he clumsily climbs over Papa Z and burrows between the two of us, but rarely wakes me up in the process. Anyway, he was being so cute today as he layed next to me and whispered, "Look Mommy, here's the baby!" as he gently patted my belly. We have been asking Wacky Zacky and Zany Janie if they would rather have a baby brother or a baby sister. Their answers do fluctuate on a day-to-day basis, but they more often than not say they want a "Baby sissy". I felt 100% sure we were going to have a boy. This pregnancy is practically the same as what I dealt with when I was pregnant with Wacky Zacky-All day long morning sickness!

So I drank the 32 ounces of fluid needed for the ultrasound and began doing the potty dance. Asking a pregnant woman who pees every 10 minutes to drink an abnormal amount of fluid then hold it for over two hours seems like torture to me! Then if that's not bad enough, they rub gel on your belly and push the ultrasound wand into it for 30 minutes-try holding it through that ordeal! The baby was being a little stinker during the ultrasound and would move side-to-side the moment they were going to take a picture. This went on for 30 minutes and the baby was bouncing around like a ping pong ball in my belly. Then when it was time for them to show Papa Z and me our baby, the baby decided to curl up in a little ball and go to sleep. I'm sure the past 30 minutes of aerobic exercise had tired the little tyke out! They tried to have me move onto my side to get the baby to move so we could see a better image of it, but the baby stayed put and it only resulted in giving the little one hiccups. They were able to get a good image to tell us the sex of the baby and you can imagine my surprise when they said, "It's a girl!". Despite thinking she was going to be a boy, I am very excited to have another little princess in the house. I did remind Papa Z that this means that girls were going to rule our house!

Zany thought of the day: Girls Rule, Boys Drool!

5 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

Congratulations are in order! not only for the new baby, but having survived the ordeal you just described. wishing you much joy and happiness.

Unknown said...

LOL...first thought was "girls rule, boys drool". LOL Funny you ended your blog post with that saying.

Congrats on girl #2...looking like you will have to secretly love pink all over again. ;)

Poor Wacky Zacky will have double the pleasure to endure hair curlers, painted toe nails and make up for sure...who could turn down not one, but TWO sisters? Just ask my son...he'd be the expert in that deparment. he he he

Unknown said...

Pink, pink and pink!!! Congratulations!

storybeader said...

so happy to hear you're still in a good mood, through all the morning sickness, bathroom breaks (or not) and having to go to the doctor's office! Don't they make house calls anymore? lol congrats Family Z! Got a name?

joeyandaleethea said...

Oh yaay!! Congratulations!! :D