Wednesday, December 1, 2010

If you’ve got it, flaunt it!

Not unlike many of you, I have been under a great deal of stress lately. I know, I know, you wonder how on earth can a stay-at-home mom be under stress while eating Bonbons and watching TV all day…Yes, that’s me leading the life of luxury except my 10 month old is known to make a distraction, so my 4-year-old can eat all my Bonbons when I turned my head briefly, and my 3-year-old can change the TV channel to Yo Gabba Gabba then hide the remote.

I will spare you the list of my stressors, but will tell you it is enough to cause me to have a minor little blemish on my forehead. Well, maybe blemish isn’t really the right word, maybe I should use the word tiny little pimple right in the middle of my forehead. Hmmm…Maybe we should really say I had a good size zit front and center waving at every passerby-yeah, that’s more like it. I’m not one to freak out about it, I’m more of the type of person to not acknowledge it and hope no one else notices what at first glance looks like a third eye.

So I go through my day without anyone obviously staring at it and I even forget it’s there. That is until at night when Papa Z and I are putting the kids to bed and sweet inquisitive little Wacky Zacky innocently asks, “Why does Mommy have a little booby on her forehead?” No wonder everyone avoided eye contact with me, I spent the whole day flaunting a forehead booby! I’m wondering if I need to at least wear a pasty tomorrow so I don’t get arrested for indecent exposure?

1 comment:

BrandNew-Mrs. said...

Priceless! This is delectable! Tell him you're turning into a unicorn and turn it into a fairytale... When it goes away tell him you found out if you turned into a unicorn you would have to leave him forever and you love him way too much to do that :)