Monday, April 21, 2008

Apples are good, but...

I was carrying Zany Janie on my hip while eating an apple and decided to let her take a little bite because she was acting interested. This was a HUGE mistake! Precious Baby Zany Janie’s alter-ego emerged once she tasted the first piece of apple. All of a sudden it was like holding a feral cat! She hissed, screamed, and tried to claw her way back to the apple. My natural instinct was to quickly give it back to her and slowly walk away! Once she had the apple grasped in her tiny hands she started going at it as if she hadn’t eaten in days. I would have let her eat the whole thing but apples are a huge choking hazard for babies so I took it away. This action nearly resulted in me losing an eye because she lashed out for the apple and gave a high pitch squeal to warn me that I had better give it back quickly. I decided we could make a compromise; I would hold the apple and let her lick it so she wouldn’t take a hunk and choke. Unfortunately she didn’t want to compromise because she wanted it all to herself. Finger by finger I pried the apple away from her. She threw her first temper tantrum and let me tell you she didn’t hold back. I thought the windows may break from the high pitch squeal coming out of her. I know apples are good, but I couldn’t believe an apple could cause such a sweet smiley cooing baby to turn to the dark side! If she is acting this way over an apple can you imagine what she’s going to do when she gets her first taste of birthday cake?



Zany thought of the day:
An apple a day keeps the doctor away
Apple in the morning-Doctor’s warning
Roast apple at night-starves the doctor outright
Eat an apple going to bed-knock the doctor on the head
Three each day, seven days a week-ruddy apple, ruddy cheek

2 comments:

Jodi @ Happy House Quilts said...

awesome picture! wonderful story...oh you just wait till she figures out what m&ms are...hee hee

Anonymous said...

There are definitely worse things to be addicted to LOL