Friday, April 11, 2008

Easy As Pie

I wanted to make a dessert but didn’t have the ingredients for anything extra yummy and going to the grocery store seemed like too much work with two kids. So I decided to make a pudding pie. It’s quick, simple, I had the ingredients, and it would satisfy our sweet tooth. I got the Graham pie crust out-yes, a store bought one…You didn’t actually think I’d make one from scratch did you?! The Keebler label had a couple of recipes on the back. The one that caught my eye was the “5 Minute-Double Layer Chocolate Pie”. Five minutes AND a double layer of chocolate? !! I quickly scanned the directions and jumped for joy when I realized I had all the ingredients needed. It was so quick and easy and extra yummy that I though I’d share it with you! Enjoy!

5 MINUTE-DOUBLE LAYER CHOCOLATE PIE

Ingredients:
1 ¼ cups cold milk
2 packages (4-serving size) chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling
1 tub (8 oz.) frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 Graham Pie Crust

Directions:
1. In large bowl beat milk and pudding mix with wire whisk for 1 minute. (Mixture will be very thick.) Whisk in half of whipped topping. Carefully spread in crust.
2. Spread remaining whipped topping over top.
3. Garnish as desired. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.

Zany thought for the day: Have you ever been driving on the interstate and noticed several signs for “Mile High Pie”? The billboards even count you down to the number of miles before you reach the home of “Mile High Pie”. You didn’t plan to stop so soon, but who can pass up “Mile High Pie?” Your adrenaline starts to race; you may drive a little faster to get there quicker; you squeal as every passing billboard tells you that you are closer and closer; and you start to deliberate about which is the best kind of pie. You finally get there, order your “Mile High Pie”, and are very disappointed when a slice of pie is put in front of you that looks like a plain old piece of pie. Ever had that happen to you? Yeah, me neither!

No comments: