What better way to celebrate the summer than by firing up the BBQ and having a party? This mouth watering recipe is sure to be the hit of any party. The Zany family loves to add grilled corn on the cob and watermelon or pineapple as sides to this scrumptious dinner. It will definitely leave your guests full, happy, and singing “Summer Lovin’ had me a blast! Summer Lovin’ happened so fast…” Well, maybe not singing, but at least humming.
¼ cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup vegetable oil
2 8-ounce salmon fillets
- Combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, pepper and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Add the oil.
- Remove the skin from the salmon. Place the fillets in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them, saving a little to brush on the fish as it cooks. Put a lid over the fish and refrigerate for a minimum of one hour.
- Preheat grill to medium/high heat.
- Cook the salmon for 5-7 minutes per side or until each fillet is cooked all the way through. Regularly brush the fillets with the marinade.
- Arrange on a plate and enjoy!
Zany thought of the day: If you were a salmon what would be your name? I think mine would be Patty-Yes; Salmon Patty has a nice ring to it.