Thursday, July 24, 2008

What's a boy gotta do to get a fish around here?

Wacky Zacky is 2 ½ years old and has finally started to really express an interest in using the toilet. I think it’s more the idea of using it, rather than the actual action that takes place on the throne that has enticed him. Whatever the case may be, Mama Z and Papa Z are excited for him to make the move from diapers to using the potty. We’ve had a baby potty as a decoration in our bathroom for about 6 months. He tricked us into thinking he was in need of one, but it has not gotten much action in the past 6 months. With his new enthusiasm for the potty, we decided to buy him a little toilet seat that sits on top of the regular toilet seat and prevents him from taking a plunge into the toilet scaring him from ever wanting to use the potty again. We also got him a little stool so he has a proper place to rest his weary feet. So now with all the proper equipment he is ready to become potty trained! I am proud to announce that over the weekend he did pee in the toilet!

So to answer the burning question: What’s a boy gotta do to get a fish around here? The answer is simple: Pee in the toilet!

Wacky Zacky is the proud owner of a Beta fish that he named Goldfish!

So with that being the case, does this mean we have to get him a pony if he poops?

Zany thought of the day: Did you know that studies show the average tear off the toilet paper roll is 5.90 squares? I’m not sure if I’m within the average, it has never been something I thought I needed to know, but you can be rest assured that I will check next time I’m in the bathroom!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suggest hiding the salt & pepper shakers or at least relocating them for the fish's sake. Sweet little Lil is walking proof that pepper is not a good mix for our now dear departed beta. Congrats on the potty work though. What a big boy!

storybeader said...

the trials and tribulations of growing up. Cute story. Now I'm going to be counting squares where I ripped the t.p.! But do men even use toilet paper when they pee?

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

woohoo! that's great! thanks for visiting my blog and your comment (enjoy your wings!) also, a friend of mine used little toilet paper fish for her son to "aim" at while potty training - worked like a charm!