Tuesday, August 26, 2008

That is one corny casserole!

My family in Indiana has a side dish that has become somewhat of a tradition at family dinners. I have taken this corny dish and have made it my own in California, impressing several unsuspecting visitors. You see, I am not much of a cook, I don't enjoy cooking and I'm always freaked out that dinner guests are forcing themselves to choke down the mystery meal on their plates. However, I do have a few yummy morsels in my arsenal that I can pull out to dress and impress even the finicky of eaters. This scrumptious side dish is so yummy Wacky Zacky and Zany Janie will eat it without knowing they are eating vegetables! It is so delectable that even "Baby Mike" (whom is a lot like Mikey from the Life cereal commercials) will eat it with a smile on his face! So there you go, mother tested and kid approved!

ONE CORNY CASSEROLE
Ingredients:
1 can cream style corn
1 can whole kernel corn
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs, slightly beaten
3 teaspoons sugar
1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix (dry)
1 stick melted butter

Directions:
Mix together in a greased 1.5 quart casserole dish. Bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees.

Zany thought of the day: Have you been spending countless sleepless nights wondering what TV Guide ranked as the number ten commercial of all time? Well, be sleep deprived no more! They actually ranked the Life Cereal comercial featuring Mikey as number ten! To see the actual video click----------->Here!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love corn casserole! I didn't realize you were from Indiana.

CraftGirlAlli said...

Yep, its an Indiana thing for sure! I live in central Indiana and it never fails...at EVERY family gathering, there's a dish of corn casserole! And its so yummy!