Monday, February 16, 2009

Craft room catastrophe to an organized mess?

When I moved into our house a year ago I was so excited to finally have my own craft room! A place where I could organize everything and know exactly where everything was put away. A place like those pictures you see in magazines where everything is arranged by color and looks so inviting you can't help but feel creative when you walk into the room.

At least that was the idea...
And this is a glimpse of what I got...

The whole closet turned into one big pile of stuff. Some piles were actually taller than me and teetered on an avalanche every time the door was opened. Surprisingly, every time I needed something from the closet it never failed that the item was at the bottom of a huge pile. After wasting precious craft time trying to pilfer through the mess to find a specific piece of fabric, I decided it was time to actually organize the craft room.

So I went out and purchased two types of shelves for the closet and with lots of help from Wacky Zacky and Zany Janie I was able to organize the mess.

So now I've gone from a craft room catastrophe to an organized mess!

Zany thought of the day: Do you think they airbrush the pictures of finished craft rooms in magazines hiding all the piles and chaos?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a stock room of a craft store now :)

1286 Kids said...

Wow! What a transformation! I have a room like that... that was taken over by my daughter's toys :) I'm so inspired to do the same!!!

Anonymous said...

That's so bizarre, I redid my craft room this weekend too. I didn't have room for my newly done scrapbooks so I had to reorganize. L&T were a "big help". If you made peach cobbler then you're really going to freak me out.

storybeader said...

wow - those are tall piles, but at least they're not teetering. And you can see the color and design. Neat! (hehe)

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Looking good :)

uniquecommodities said...

Way to go! Looks great!

TiLT said...

awesome! Now I need to wipe the drool off my keyboard...a fabriholic should never look at such a lovely pile of goodies

CraftGirlAlli said...

Please pass some of your motivation my way! I really need to organize our extra bedroom/computer room/craft room lol.