Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Letting Go and Growing up

Today is Wacky Zacky's first day of Pre-school. It has been the topic of discussion for months now and I couldn't believe the day was finally here when I woke up this morning. He was so excited to help pack his lunch and was a little stinker when Mama wanted to take some pictures of him. After carrying around his lunch box and back pack non-stop the past few days, Wacky Zacky decided it was too much to carry into the school and had me carry it for him. Papa Z, Zany Janie, and I signed him in and when we went to say good-bye Wacky Zacky already had his back turned on us and was busily playing with toys. I am happy the transition seemed to go smoothly, but I still shed a tear or two. My sister laughed at me for crying saying, "It's not like you were leaving him for boarding school in France!" That is true, but it's still hard to let go and watch him grow-up far too quickly before my eyes.


Zany thought of the day: I hope when Wacky Zacky is older that his memories of Pre-school are far better than his parents. My only memory is being forced to walk bare foot in paint to make foot prints. Papa Z's only memory is being forced to eat Cottage Cheese...Who knew Pre-school could be so traumatic!

4 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a cutie! I remember my son Zack's first day of preschool when he came running up to me afterwards with the clown face he had made. You are crying because this is a landmark--a step in the growing up process. I wish WackyZacky many happy memories of preschool.

Charlee said...

I cried Breven's first day too don't feel bad!

CraftGirlAlli said...

aww...he looks so grown up! I'll be going thru this next year and I am not looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

Wuss.