Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Riding a wave!

Zany Janie is currently in the midst of potty training. For some reason she has it in her head that she hasn't gone potty unless she actually poops in the potty. Peeing in the potty is meaningless to her at this point. This belief has resulted in her sitting on the potty for 15-20 minutes and refusing to budge until she "Poops a BIG one!" (Her exact words!). I'm concerned she's going to get hemorrhoids from sitting on the toilet for so long and forcing herself to have bowel movements several times a day. I've gotten to the point where I leave her on the potty so I can get other things done and check on her every 4-5 minutes; otherwise I'd spend half my day in the bathroom with her! Anyway, yesterday after 20+ minutes on the potty I hear a succession of toilet flushing noises that are as fast as a machine gun. I race to the bathroom and can hear toilet water sloshing to the floor. I get to the bathroom just in time to see Zany Janie riding a wave. She was still sitting on the potty when she started flushing it and was able to catch a wave!

Zany thought of the day: I think Zany Janie was attempting to make her own bidet!

2 comments:

storybeader said...

Mama Z - you crack me up! ROTFL
Kids, you gotta love 'em!

CraftGirlAlli said...

haha...I know it probably wasn't funny at the time, but it's funny to read about now! I'm dreading the potty training :(