Friday, August 13, 2010

Wanna feel like Popeye?


Feeling a little puny?  Need a pick-me-up?  Then I may have the recipe just for you!  I have an Artichoke-Spinach Dip that may leave you singing, "I'm Popeye the Sailor Man!"  Toot-Toot!

ARTICHOKE-SPINACH DIP


Ingredients:
1 cup chopped artichoke hearts (you can use canned or frozen)
1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Dash ground pepper
Crackers, chips, bread to dip

Directions:
Boil the spinach and artichoke hearts in a cup of water until tender and drain when done.  Heat cream cheese in the microwave until hot.  Add the spinach and artichoke hearts to cream cheese and stir.  Add the remaining ingredients to the cream cheese and combine.  Serve HOT with crackers, chips or bread.

Zany thought of the day:  Do you remember Popeye's friend Wimpy?  "I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger, today."  It's too bad that quote never really caught on...

1 comment:

storybeader said...

I'm not the cook, as most of you know, but I've bought this ready-made in the grocery store! Yum! It's delicious!