Thursday, October 21, 2010

I Spy....

I spy with my two little eyes something that looks CREEPY!


Can you guess what they are?  If you said edible eyeballs you would be correct!  These scrumptious little treats are easy to make and are sure to be a hit of any party!

CREEPY EYEBALLS

Ingredients:
3.4-ounce box instant vanilla pudding mix
Chocolate covered raisins (Or Black Jelly Beans)
Gummy Lifesavers
Easter Egg Jello molds (or plastic eggs would work too)

Directions:
Prepare the pudding according to the package directions. For each eye, fit a chocolate covered raisin or jelly bean into the center of a Gummy Lifesaver candy and place it in a plastic egg half.  Fill the egg cup with the pudding (If you are using plastic eggs and not a Jello mold, then place the egg halves in an egg carton).  Place in freezer until they're firm (about 3 hours).  Remove the egg halves from the freezer and let them sit at room temperature for about 3 to 5 minutes.  Using the back of a fork or spoon, gently press down on the edge of the pudding, rolling the frozen ball out of the egg cup. If you're not serving them right away, place the eyes in a freezer-safe dish in the freezer until you're ready.

Zany thought of the day:  These treats remind me of Pudding Pops.  I sure did like Pudding Pops when I was a kid!  I'm not sure what I liked more-saying Pudding Pop or eating them.  Either way it sure put a smile on my face!


No comments: