Thursday, November 11, 2010

Threat of a headless turkey!

The weather was finally cooler and I was feeling festive so I thought I would bring out the construction paper, google eyes, and pom pom balls and figure out something for the kids to make. 

The end product turned out to be self sculptures, I mean turkeys.


I'm not sure what happened, but once the craft was made Wacky Zacky and Zany Janie turned into wild turkeys.  As you can see in the picture below there is a little dash of wildness in their eyes.


Seconds after this picture was snapped, they took their turkeys and made them fly around the house shrieking "Gobble!  Gobble!" at the top of their lungs.  Despite informing them turkeys could not fly, they continued to take flight insisting theirs had special powers-lucky me!  It was shortly after I threatened to decapitate the next turkey that flew into my face that the chaos finally quieted down.

Zany thought of the day:  Did you know every year the President pardons a turkey?   On Wednesday, November 25, 2009, President Obama gave a turkey named Courage a last-minute reprieve.  That lucky Gobbler now resides at Disneyland, CA. 

No comments: