Monday, February 28, 2011

And the Oscar goes to...

Wacky Zacky?

Well, not an actual Oscar...Surprisingly he wasn't formally selected this year, but based on his ability to act, Actors far and wide had better keep their eye out for this little Thespian.  His best work was just the other day when Papa Z was belting out a song from The Lion King:

"In the jungle, the mighty jungle
The lion sleeps tonight
In the jungle the quiet jungle
The lion sleeps tonight
A-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh
A-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh"

At that exact time Wacky Zacky moved from the couch to the table to eat dinner.  The next thing we knew Wacky Zacky was screaming and crying while holding his ears.  This wasn't just a little whimper, it was the drool hanging and snot spewing kind of crying.  Just the kind of crying we've heard when he had a severe ear infection.  Papa Z quickly picked him up and started rocking him trying to get him to calm down while I quickly heated up the Boo Boo pad for his ear.  After several minutes he finally calmed down enough to effectively communicate with us. Apparently he didn't actually have pain in his ear from an ear infection, his ears hurt because of Papa Z's singing!  I know it was a bit off-key and pitchy, but it definitely didn't warrant that kind of reaction!

In the future, Papa Z, may I suggest The Beatles "Find a little help from my friends":

"What would you think if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me.
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song,
And I'll try not to sing out of key."

No comments: