Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pump it up!

So after multiple times of Wacky Zacky and Zany Janie asking me, "Mommy, why do you have a squishy butt?" or "Mommy, when will my butt be big like yours?"  I decided it was time to get serious about exercise.  Even though I know it doesn't matter how many squats I do, I will always have a big squishy butt-I was born with it and will always have it.  (Maybe it's some genetic adaptation to keep me from hurting myself if I fall down?...)  Nevertheless, I needed something to jump start my sporadic exercise program.  That was when the P-90 program crossed my path.  I started it 7 days ago and so far so good.  I'm not expecting to get the "meat head" bodybuilder look, but am hoping to drop those last few baby pounds.  All three kids are right by my side most of the time doing their own fitness routine.  I never knew how dangerous working out could be until now.  I've lost count how many times the exercise band snapped out of the kid's hands nearly striking me in the eye or how I've almost been swept to the floor with a kick to the thigh from Wacky Zacky.  Silly Jilly has even climbed onto my back and rode me like a horse while I'm feebly attempting to do what many would not even call "girl push-ups". But after the 7 days, I can say I'm feeling stronger and healthier.  I plan to stick it out all 90 days even if I cross the finish line looking rode hard and put up wet with only one eye and a bum leg! 

Zany thought of the day:  What do you do for exercise?

No comments: