Tuesday, May 24, 2011

One zany free for all!

It was a wild weekend at our house!  I wish I could say it was from a crazy, fun and wild party, but unfortunately that is just not the case.  Papa Z was lucky enough to escape town and miss all the fun, he was camping in Yosemite throughout the weekend.  There seemed to be nothing out of the ordinary until Friday night when I had a hard time staying asleep.  I rarely have problems falling or staying asleep, but for some reason I kept waking up feeling "a little funny".  I attempted several times to chalk it up to Papa Z being gone and would roll over to go back to sleep until yet again I found myself awake.  Then I began to feel that odd little lump in the back of my throat.  You know the one you can barely feel and are unsure if you are imagining it even being there, that is until you begin tasting that odd metallic taste dripping in the back of your throat.  I found myself playing the "if I just stay in bed and don't move it will all go away" game pretending like I have any control over the situation.  Waiting until the last possible second, holding onto all hope that it won't actually happen, I had to run to the bathroom and get sick.  I will spare you the details, but will say I had a long night of tummy problems that unfortunately did not end at 6:00 AM when the kids came sauntering into my room ready for an action packed day.

I'm sure they were speaking at a normal level, but at the time it seemed like both Zany Janie and Wacky Zacky were talking into megaphones at the highest possible volume.  Each shrill tone pounded into my head and made my stomach lurch.  Thankfully the remote control was within reach and I knew the number of the one channel which could possibly make this all stop....Ahhh....Sweet silence....That is until Silly Jilly woke up and began crying. 

I hobble down the hall to get her, open her door, and am permeated with the rancid smell of vomit.  Guess who else is sick?  Really?  It's not enough that I'm barely able to function with three little ones in my care, but now one of them is sick too?

I'd love to tell you about my day, I'm sure it was a riot to watch safely from the outside looking in, but it's just a blur of trips to the bathroom and views from the couch.  While Silly Jilly and I cuddled on the couch, Wacky Zacky and Zany Janie had free reign of the house and they took full advantage!  Those two little turkeys would sit at the bathroom door making heaving and retching noises as I got sick, giggling and cackling about how they hoped I'd never get better!  They also got to have their fill of candy and were somehow able to reach it from shelves we thought were "unreachable" to them. 

Thankfully the next day I was feeling a bit better and was able to take back the little control I had to begin with!  I definitely don't recommend getting sick when your hubby is out of town!

Zany thought of the day:  Is it just me or do you not fully appreciate a clean toilet until you are praying to the porcelain gods?

No comments: