Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Bring on the Beans!

I know Cinco de Mayo was on Monday but all the talk of the festivities got me hankering for Mexican food. So I decided to pull out one of my favorite cookbooks: The Taste of Home’s 5-Ingredient Cookbook. I’m a lazy cooker and if I can get by with just 5-ingredients I’m all over it! The book has a super easy bean burrito recipe that my family loves. So tonight I brought on the beans!

Bean Burritos

Ingredients:
1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
1 cup salsa
1 cup cooked long grain rice
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
12 flour tortillas (6 to 7 inches)

Directions:
In a bowl, combine the beans, salsa, rice and 1 cup cheese. Spoon about 1/3 cup off-center on each tortilla. Fold the sides and ends over filling and roll up.
Arrange burritos in a greased 13-in. X 9-in. X 2-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 1 dozen.

Zany thought of the day:
“Beans, beans, the musical fruit.
The more you eat, the more you toot.
The more you toot, the better you feel.
So let’s have beans with every meal!”

What?! Beans are a fruit?

No comments: