Monday, October 26, 2009

Why you should always be leery of clowns!

This past weekend we went to a Fall Harvest Festival at our Community Center. They had it all: a bounce house, pony rides, refreshments, make your own Carmel apples, a DJ, games, and two clowns doing face paintings. Papa Z stood in line so the kids could get their face painted while I talked to friends and attempted to keep track of Wacky Zacky and Zany Janie while they ran amuck. Zany Janie was excited to be painted like a princess. I wasn't within ear shot when Zany Janie sat before the clown, but I had faith Papa Z would be able to handle giving the clown the simple instructions of making her look like a princess. That was until I strolled over and saw my sweet Zany Janie's face:


Now I'm no expert in face painting, but this certainly did NOT look like a princess! I calmly asked, "So what is she having done?" Apparently my question fell on deaf ears because I did not get a response. So I sat back and watched thinking maybe this is just a process and the end result would not look so frightening...


However, I knew I was wrong when the final swoop of the paint brush resulted in Zany Janie appearing like she had just underwent Collagen injections. Her lips were HUGE!


We said thank you to the clown and scurried away. I promptly asked Papa Z what he had asked for and he was adamant he had asked for a princess. Apparently the clown had mistakenly misheard princess for street walker!


All she needed was an enormous crown and crazy outfit and she'd fit right in on the TLC show "Toddlers & Tiaras"!


Zany thought of the day: Isn't it amazing how make-up or paint on your face can make you feel like a completely different person? Some people take on a completely different persona when they are painted up!

2 comments:

CraftGirlAlli said...

They got closer than mine would...if he even sees a clown...he FREAKS and starts screaming lol.

Tonda and Charlee said...

maybe its a cross dressing princess?? Was it a boy clown doing it? I love her pose in the last pics