Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A very happy "Mudders" Day indeed!

That's right I had what my kids call a very happy "Mudders" Day! I went from worker bee status to Queen Bee not just for the day, but for the weekend! My weekend was filled with Sushi, chocolate covered strawberries, flowers, homemade presents, the best ice cream ever-Coldstone's Cookie doughn't you want some, a t-ball game, and Disneyland!

Wacky Zacky had made a present for me at Preschool and for the first time in his life was able to keep it a secret! On "Mudders Day" morning he got his present and proudly gave it to me. It was so adorable to see how proud he was of his gift and it brought tears to my eyes to see the different things he made for me.

Most of "Mudders Day" was spent at Disneyland actually riding rides rather than waiting in lines. A little secret of Disneyland is Mothers Day is typically a slow day. I'm guessing most Mother's if given the choice of Disneyland or a quiet alternative they would choose the quiet alternative...But not me!

Here's my Zany brood and me with Goofy...I know none of my kids look like me...It's a touchy subject! They all look exactly like Papa Z!:



Since our last trip to Disneyland where Zany Janie rode her first roller coaster, Wacky Zacky has been mouthing off that he was going to ride the roller coaster on our next visit. So to put his money where his mouth is we went straight to the Gadget Go Coaster when we first arrived. Lucky for him he could walk right on and didn't have to wait in line. He rode it huddled up next to Papa Z, but nonetheless he rode it and we were proud of him! Then Zany Janie and I rode it and as you can see from the picture (we are the 4th car on the coaster) Miss Zany Janie is a wild woman! She had her hands up most of the ride.

The highlight of the day was when the kids decided they wanted to ride Splash Mountain. For those of you who have never been on it, it is a log ride that has two major hills-one being in the pitch dark. Papa Z took Wacky Zacky and I took Zany Janie. Both kids surprisingly loved the ride despite it being more of a "Big Adult Ride"! You can see Zany Janie and me in the picture below (we are in the back seat of the log):


The final ride we rode of the day was the Star Wars Tour. I had no idea what kind of ride I was getting myself into, but Papa Z assured me I'd have fun taking Zany Janie and Wacky Zacky while he stayed outside with Silly Jilly. Come to find out the ride is a full-motion flight simulator where you fly through the galaxy-just the type of ride that causes severe motion sickness in me! So as I looked everywhere but the screen choking back vomit I attempted the best I could to comfort the terrified Wacky Zacky and Zany Janie. Once off the ride Wacky Zacky told me how scary the ride had been for him and began asking me over and over how Daddy will find us. I told him not to worry and if he wasn't outside the exit I would just call him. Then Wacky Zacky said one of the most precious things I think he has ever said, "But we are on another planet, so how will Daddy ever find us?"

So as you can see it was a very happy "Mudders" Day indeed! Now it's back to worker bee status for me!

Zany thought of the day: Note to self-if the kids are going to start riding big rides I had better pack an extra pair of pants for myself!

2 comments:

Tonda said...

my kids are not tall enough for the fun ones :(

Jen, Gabe and kiddos said...

That looks like a very fun Mudder's Day weekend! =)