Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Even educated fleas do it...


Papa Z has a few quirky attributes.  One of the most endearing ones is his need to run a song into the ground!   Meaning if he finds a song that catches his attention he will play or sing it over and over and over and over until you can’t stand it!  Despite being an innocent bystander, you have no control over the inevitable outcome; the song will be burned into your brain forever and will continuously play on an endless loop in your head.  Fortunately this only happens about four or five times a year.  Usually he picks current songs that I actually like, but he has recently found a little gem that I would be willing to go out on a limb to say no one could ever guess in a million years what he has latched onto.  You might as well not even attempt to guess because you will be wrong!  He has latched onto “Let’s do it, Let’s fall in love” by Cole Porter dating back to 1928!  With words like:

Birds do it, bees do it
Even educated fleas do it
Let's do it, let's fall in love

And a catchy tune, I guess I can see how he was allured.  So if you hear me murmuring about educated fleas under my breath you now know I have not actually gone off the deep end.

Zany thought of the day:  Do you have songs that get stuck in your head?  Which ones?

1 comment:

Gaye Brownie said...

This is so funny! I can just imagine it, but I actually love that song...