Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Slide Baby Slide!

Baseball season is quickly coming to an end.  It was a good year-No injuries, the kids had lots of fun, and I somehow managed to get two kids at two different practices in two different locations.  Wacky Zacky recently received his FOURTH trophy and in a few short days Zany Janie will receive her very first trophy.

Wacky Zacky thinks he's in the Big League now that he started doing coaches pitch.  He's actually a good little ball player, but I found myself cringing every time he played the pitcher because I was sure he was going to take a line drive to the face.  He seemed to alternate playing first base, the pitcher, and the catcher.  Throughout the season he did some serious work on perfecting his slide to home base-Nothing impresses the ladies like a dramatic slide to home plate.


It's hard to say what Zany Janie thinks about t-ball.  She just seems happy to be there.  She would chase after the ball with the pack of other kids, but I'm not really certain she wanted to actually make contact with the ball.  She had a great time when she decided to combine ballet with t-ball for the "ultimate sport".  She stood on the pitchers mound twirling and doing plies in her cleats.  During her last two games she decided to slide home, the only problem is she slides about 6 feet away from the plate, but boy does it look impressive!


Zany thought of the day:  So for old times sake, let's sing:

Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and cracker jack,
I don't care if I never get back,
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game.

Hey, do you have any cracker jack?  I'm having a hankering for cracker jack!  I wonder why?  Hmmm....I wonder where I can get some?  

No comments: