Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Kindergarten Rocks!

Well, it's finally here, the first day of school.  And not just any old first day of school, but Wacky Zacky's first day of Kindergarten!  The days leading up to this big event have been a mixed bag of emotions.  Wacky Zacky has been super excited to start school.  I on the other hand thought I was ready for him to take this big step into becoming a big kid, until the past few days.  Then the whirlwind of emotions hit.  This is my baby boy, my first born, my only son, the one who use to fit in the crook of my arm and wanted to snuggle all the time and here he is ready to go to school. Everyone tells you this will happen, that you'd better enjoy the time you have when they are young because it will go by like the blink of an eye.  It's difficult to comprehend this as you are sitting staring into your newborn's eyes, but it's the absolute truth.  These past 5 years have gone by far too quickly!

Wacky Zacky 2007

Wacky Zacky 2011

So today finally arrived and the whole family took Wacky Zacky to school.  His school is fairly big and we had to park a long way away and walk.


Once we got to the school we encountered what appeared to be mass chaos.  I'm sure it's what a typical morning looks like at school.  We walked around and found Wacky Zacky's teacher and classroom.


The students don't go into their classrooms until school starts, so Wacky Zacky had to do his first of many line ups.  Once he got into line I started to feel the tears prick my eyes.  I felt so proud of Wacky Zacky standing in line like a big boy ready for school to start.  As the students started walking into the classroom Wacky Zacky did ask for one last kiss from Papa Z and me which unknown to him was exactly what I needed.

So walking away from the school leaving my baby behind I can finally say Kindergarten Rocks!  I know he will have a wonderful year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. The cloud-covered boppy pillow. That really takes me back.